Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Time to Resurrect the Blog

Sooo.. my last post was some time last June. I don't really have an excuse for not writing over the summer. I just got lazy. But now that I've been running more regularly again, I figure it's time to get back to things.

Here's a little recap of the past 7.5 months:
Ran off and on throughout the summer and into the fall.
On October 4th I ran the Leaf Peepers Half Marathon in Vermont (which is mostly on dirt roads). I finished in 2:42:50 and managed to stay in front of 15 people out of 670. I was pretty darn proud of my time and how I felt after the race.
The weekend after the half marathon I ran in The Road to Recovery 5K to support my friend Erin and I PR'd! I finished in 28:09. I was pretty darn excited with this right after the half marathon.
In the month of December, the only exercise I got was pressing the pedal on the sewing machine while making all of my Christmas presents. I did get in a short run on Christmas Eve with my brother.

In January I started to pick things up again as I started to plan out the year. I really, really, really want to run the Stone Cat Trail Marathon in November. I figure that's going to take a lot of work for me to get there.

I also would like to run the 25K at Pineland Farms again this year- and for this round I would like to finish in a reasonable amount of time! And I'm trying to add hills into my running so I can run in some of the Bradbury Races this summer.

I'm currently up to 8 miles - which I managed to do today on some icy trails and a little bit of road. Being vacation this week, I can actually get some running in mid week. I'm looking forward to seeing how I feel after 3 days of running this week!

Here's a little video of me slowly running on trails- this is for you Chris so you can see how it's done on the east coast!
video

3 comments:

Jamie said...

Good to see you posting again, Neighbor Kate! Keep up the running, you're doing great.

Sparkplug said...

Nice job with your 8 miler Kate! Glad you're back into the running, and I know you'll do awesome at Pineland and at Stonecat if you keep it up!! hope to see you soon.

deepstructure said...

Awesome! Thanks for that taste of east coast trails. I'll get out there some day to run with ya! :)