Thursday, January 8, 2009

Stop the presses..

Exercise actually happened today.

Thanks to neighbor Karen, I went to the gym tonight. I did 20 minutes on the bike (11 something miles)and 35 minutes on the treadmill (2.5 miles). I walked for 15 min, jogged for 5, then upped the incline for 5, and upped it again for another 5 with a little increase in speed and then I walked a little cooldown for 5. This was the first time I dared to press the incline button. It feels a little funny on the treadmill, but kicked my butt, which was a good thing. I think I'll work on treadmilling it at an incline from and perhaps it will be more like running out and about on the road.

I have a feeling I'm going to be sore tomorrow, but if felt good to be moving again!

Tomorrow I am starting the biggest loser competition at my school. We do our first weigh in. I'm hoping that this competition keeps me motivated as I start once again down the road to getting in shape. It is also great how so many members of my staff have signed up! It's really exciting to promote healthy eating and exercise and to have so many people excited about it. It should be a lot of fun.

1 comment:

Fehlleistungen said...

haven't checked in lately -- good to hear that you did some exercise in early january ;) how's the competition going?